The Nike Free Hypervenom 2 FS Men's Shoe has flex grooves to help your foot move naturally. Its lightweight upper gives you incredible comfort and durable support.
- NikeSkin technology, Flywire and inner sleeve design create a custom fit
- Free 3.0 outsole gives you natural feeling flexibility and support
- Phylite midsole offers a resilient ride and is tough enough to double as an outsole
- Rubber outsole pods enhance durability in high-wear areas
- Asymmetrical lacing is borrowed from Nike Hypervenom soccer cleats and reduces pressure on the top of the foot
- Minimal, molded sockliner mimics the curvature of the foot for a great fit and support
NIKE FREE ORIGINS
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university’s golf course, three of Nike’s most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion. The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot’s natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.